© Bere Regis Village  2003  -  2017

Historic Village Industry

Bere Regis Village Website Bere Regis Village website
Click / tap image for a larger view Click / tap yellow circle for full size image in a new tab
Photograph courtesy of Michael Eastman L Photograph Courtesy of John Pitfield L
Bere Regis Motor Service in the late 1920's The   charabanc   was   owned   by   Mr   Vacher   and   in   this   photo   was   carrying   27   people,   plus   the   driver.   The   driver,   in   the peaked   cap   is   Reg   Toop,   who   in   1929   went   on   to   establish   Bere   Regis   Motor   Services,   which   rapidly   built   into   a   large enterprise, finally being absorbed into other transport companies in the late 1980s.
Photograph Courtesy of John Pitfield L
Brick workers at Brick-Hill, Bere Regis in circa 1904 Ivor   Amey   (front   left   seated),   Ted   Amey   (front   middle   seated),   Jack   Amey   (front   right   standing)   &   William   Amey   (back   left standing   in   bowler   hat).   William   Amey   was   the   Owner   of   the   Brickworks   and   father   of   Ivor,   Ted   &   Jack.   One   other   son,   Pat (the youngest), was not in the photo. The other 2 men are unknown employees. The Horses are Nobby & Ginger. Situated   adjacent   to   Doddings   Farm   near   the   place   called   Bedlam,   this   photograph   shows   equipment   for   the   making   of bricks   and   tiles.   The   clay   in   that   area   was   suitable   for   brick   manufacture   and   the   works   had   its   own   kiln   and   railway   system for transporting materials at the site.
Photograph Courtesy of John Pitfield L Photograph Courtesy of John Pitfield L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Tony Bates L Photograph courtesy of Tony Bates L Photograph courtesy of Tony Bates L Photograph courtesy of Tony Bates L Photograph courtesy of Tony Bates L Photograph courtesy of Tony Bates L Photograph Courtesy of John Pitfield L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Michael Eastman L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Michael Eastman L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Michael Eastman Photograph courtesy of Mark Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L L Photograph courtesy of Mark Bennett L
Barn being re-thatched At Roke Farm Thatchers   today   command   a   very   good   living   as   their   numbers   have   dwindled   since   Victorian   times,   but construction   of   thatched   houses   has   actually   increased   over   the   last   few   decades.   Whether   through planning guidelines or simply that there is a consumer demand, the thatch vernacular is here to stay...
Photograph Courtesy of John Pitfield L L Photograph Courtesy of John Pitfield L Photograph Courtesy of John Pitfield L Photograph Courtesy of John Pitfield L Photograph Courtesy of John Pitfield L Photograph courtesy of Sylvia Pitcher L
Chamberlaynes Farm, Bere Regis circa 1882 These   farm   buildings   and   Mill   were   photographed   by   J.W.   Boswell   soon   after   they   were   built,   south   of   the village,   on   the   river,   near   the   road   to   Wool.   Relatives   of   the   occupants   of   the   farmhouse,   centre-left,   donated this picture while visiting the village in 1990.
Photograph Courtesy of John Pitfield L
Dodding's Farm, Bere Regis, looking west on 1st July 1932 Artesian   wells,   with   water   level   above   the   surface..   A   series   of   about   30   boreholes,   each   about   90   ft.   deep,   taps   a large   underground   reservoir   of   water   in   the   Chalk.   The   'head'   of   this   is   sufficient   to   keep   all   the   boreholes   flowing constantly, thus yielding ample water to supply several acres of watercress beds.
L Photograph courtesy of Sylvia Pitcher L
Dodding's Farm, Bere Regis, looking west on 1st July 1932 Artesian   wells,   with   water   level   above   the   surface..   A   series   of   about   30   boreholes,   each   about   90   ft.   deep,   taps   a   large underground   reservoir   of   water   in   the   Chalk.   The   'head'   of   this   is   sufficient   to   keep   all   the   boreholes   flowing constantly, thus yielding ample water to supply several acres of watercress beds.
L Photograph courtesy of Raymond Lake L Photograph courtesy of George Ward L L
Coronation decorated Bere Regis & District Bus in 1953 Harry   Oliver,   a   driver   for   Bere   Regis   &   District   for   many   years,   this   particular   double   decker   was   on   the   Bere Regis   to   Poole   service.   This   photo   was   taken   in   the   car   park   of   the   Greyhound   pub   in   Winterborne   Kingston.   It was decorated for the 1953 Coronation and was a Carnival entry for which he won first prize.
L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph © The Watercress Company
Interior of Barn at Milborne Stream, in 1943 This   Photograph   is   Copyright   of   Dorset   County   Museum.   The   Museum   is   owned   and   managed   by   the   Dorset Natural   History   & Archaeological   Society   (DNH&AS).   Reproduction   is   strictly   prohibited.   Prints   can   be   ordered   from the Museum; quote ref P798, for this Photograph. Contact them  here , or on 01305 756 829
This Photograph is Copyright of Dorset County Museum. L
Barn at Milborne Stream, in 1943 This   Photograph   is   Copyright   of   Dorset   County   Museum.   The   Museum   is   owned   and   managed   by   the   Dorset Natural   History   &   Archaeological   Society   (DNH&AS).   Reproduction   is   strictly   prohibited.   Prints   can   be   ordered from the Museum; quote ref P799, for this Photograph. Contact them  here , or on 01305 756 829
This Photograph is Copyright of Dorset County Museum. L
Roke Farm in 1968 This   Photograph   is   Copyright   of   Dorset   County   Museum. The   Museum   is   owned   and   managed   by   the   Dorset Natural    History    &   Archaeological    Society    (DNH&AS).    Reproduction    is    strictly    prohibited.    Prints    can    be ordered from the Museum; quote ref P800, for this Photograph. Contact them  here , or on 01305 756 829
This Photograph is Copyright of Dorset County Museum. L
Roke Farm Barn, on 16/03/1972 This   Photograph   is   Copyright   of   Dorset   County   Museum. The   Museum   is   owned   and   managed   by   the   Dorset Natural    History    &   Archaeological    Society    (DNH&AS).    Reproduction    is    strictly    prohibited.    Prints    can    be ordered from the Museum; quote ref P805, for this Photograph. Contact them  here , or on 01305 756 829
This Photograph is Copyright of Dorset County Museum. L
Roke Barn, on 16/09/1971 This   Photograph   is   Copyright   of   Dorset   County   Museum. The   Museum   is   owned   and   managed   by   the   Dorset Natural    History    &   Archaeological    Society    (DNH&AS).    Reproduction    is    strictly    prohibited.    Prints    can    be ordered from the Museum; quote ref P803, for this Photograph. Contact them  here , or on 01305 756 829
This Photograph is Copyright of Dorset County Museum. L
Roke Barn and Shepherds Cottage from the South, on 16/09/1971 This   Photograph   is   Copyright   of   Dorset   County   Museum. The   Museum   is   owned   and   managed   by   the   Dorset Natural    History    &   Archaeological    Society    (DNH&AS).    Reproduction    is    strictly    prohibited.    Prints    can    be ordered from the Museum; quote ref P804, for this Photograph. Contact them  here , or on 01305 756 829
This Photograph is Copyright of Dorset County Museum. L
Roke Farm Barn from the south, on 16/03/1972 This   Photograph   is   Copyright   of   Dorset   County   Museum. The   Museum   is   owned   and   managed   by   the   Dorset Natural    History    &   Archaeological    Society    (DNH&AS).    Reproduction    is    strictly    prohibited.    Prints    can    be ordered from the Museum; quote ref P806, for this Photograph. Contact them  here , or on 01305 756 829
This Photograph is Copyright of Dorset County Museum. L
Chamberlaynes Mill in 1882 This   Photograph   is   Copyright   of   Dorset   County   Museum. The   Museum   is   owned   and   managed   by   the   Dorset Natural    History    &   Archaeological    Society    (DNH&AS).    Reproduction    is    strictly    prohibited.    Prints    can    be ordered from the Museum; quote ref P38149, for this Photograph. Contact them  here , or on 01305 756 829
This Photograph is Copyright of Dorset County Museum. L
Chamberlaynes Mill in 1887 This   Photograph   is   Copyright   of   Dorset   County   Museum. The   Museum   is   owned   and   managed   by   the   Dorset Natural    History    &   Archaeological    Society    (DNH&AS).    Reproduction    is    strictly    prohibited.    Prints    can    be ordered from the Museum; quote ref P31702, for this Photograph. Contact them  here , or on 01305 756 829
This Photograph is Copyright of Dorset County Museum. L
Shitterton Farmyard in 1989, from the North East This   Photograph   is   Copyright   of   Dorset   County   Museum. The   Museum   is   owned   and   managed   by   the   Dorset Natural    History    &   Archaeological    Society    (DNH&AS).    Reproduction    is    strictly    prohibited.    Prints    can    be ordered from the Museum; quote ref P42361, for this Photograph. Contact them  here , or on 01305 756 829
This Photograph is Copyright of Dorset County Museum. L
Shitterton Farmyard in 1989, from the North This   Photograph   is   Copyright   of   Dorset   County   Museum. The   Museum   is   owned   and   managed   by   the   Dorset Natural    History    &   Archaeological    Society    (DNH&AS).    Reproduction    is    strictly    prohibited.    Prints    can    be ordered from the Museum; quote ref P42362, for this Photograph. Contact them  here , or on 01305 756 829
This Photograph is Copyright of Dorset County Museum. L
Shitterton Farmyard in 1989, from the North West This   Photograph   is   Copyright   of   Dorset   County   Museum. The   Museum   is   owned   and   managed   by   the   Dorset Natural    History    &   Archaeological    Society    (DNH&AS).    Reproduction    is    strictly    prohibited.    Prints    can    be ordered from the Museum; quote ref P42363, for this Photograph. Contact them  here , or on 01305 756 829
This Photograph is Copyright of Dorset County Museum. L
Shitterton Farmyard in 1989, from the West This   Photograph   is   Copyright   of   Dorset   County   Museum. The   Museum   is   owned   and   managed   by   the   Dorset Natural    History    &   Archaeological    Society    (DNH&AS).    Reproduction    is    strictly    prohibited.    Prints    can    be ordered from the Museum; quote ref P42364, for this Photograph. Contact them  here , or on 01305 756 829
This Photograph is Copyright of Dorset County Museum. L
Shitterton Farmyard in 1989, from the South West This   Photograph   is   Copyright   of   Dorset   County   Museum. The   Museum   is   owned   and   managed   by   the   Dorset Natural    History    &   Archaeological    Society    (DNH&AS).    Reproduction    is    strictly    prohibited.    Prints    can    be ordered from the Museum; quote ref P42366, for this Photograph. Contact them  here , or on 01305 756 829
This Photograph is Copyright of Dorset County Museum. L
Construction of the Watercress Beds in the 1920s This   Photograph   is   Copyright   of   Dorset   County   Museum. The   Museum   is   owned   and   managed   by   the   Dorset Natural    History    &   Archaeological    Society    (DNH&AS).    Reproduction    is    strictly    prohibited.    Prints    can    be ordered from the Museum; quote ref P46347, for this Photograph. Contact them  here , or on 01305 756 829
This Photograph is Copyright of Dorset County Museum. L
Replanting the Watercress Beds in the 1920s This   Photograph   is   Copyright   of   Dorset   County   Museum.   The   Museum   is   owned   and   managed   by   the Dorset   Natural   History   & Archaeological   Society   (DNH&AS).   Reproduction   is   strictly   prohibited.   Prints   can   be ordered from the Museum; quote ref P46348, for this Photograph. Contact them  here , or on 01305 756 829
This Photograph is Copyright of Dorset County Museum. L
Excavated ground in preparation of a Watercress Bed, in the 1920s This   Photograph   is   Copyright   of   Dorset   County   Museum.   The   Museum   is   owned   and   managed   by   the Dorset   Natural   History   & Archaeological   Society   (DNH&AS).   Reproduction   is   strictly   prohibited.   Prints   can   be ordered from the Museum; quote ref P46349, for this Photograph. Contact them  here , or on 01305 756 829
This Photograph is Copyright of Dorset County Museum. L Photograph Courtesy of John Pitfield L Photograph courtesy of Lynn Fancy L
Mr Bedford’s workforce in about 1897, photographed at Doddings Farm Left     to     right,     standing:     Albert Bedford,       Enos       Horley,       Mr Stickley,        Jim        Hewitt,        Bill Langdown,     Fred     Hewitt,     Jack Joyce,       Ernest       Day,       Frank Hawkins,    William    Bedford.    Front row:   Harry   Hawkins,   Henry   Davis, Harry     Stickley,     Charlie     Hewitt, Edward   Langdown,   Charles   Cobb,   Ted   Hawkins,   Ian   Standfield,   W. Standfield, Sam Hewitt, Esau Baker, George Hawkins, Jack Rowland.
Photograph Courtesy of John Pitfield L
© Bere Regis Village  2003  -  2017

Historic Village Industry

Bere Regis Village Website
Click / tap image for a larger view Click / tap yellow circle for full size image in a new tab
Photograph courtesy of Michael Eastman L Photograph Courtesy of John Pitfield L
Bere Regis Motor Service in the late 1920's The    charabanc    was    owned    by    Mr    Vacher    and    in    this    photo    was carrying   27   people,   plus   the   driver.   The   driver,   in the   peaked   cap   is   Reg   Toop,   who   in   1929   went   on to    establish    Bere    Regis    Motor    Services,    which rapidly   built   into   a   large   enterprise,   finally   being absorbed into other transport companies in the late 1980s.
Photograph Courtesy of John Pitfield L
Brick workers at Brick-Hill, Bere Regis in circa 1904 Ivor   Amey   (front   left   seated),   Ted   Amey   (front   middle   seated),   Jack Amey   (front   right   standing)   &   William   Amey   (back left   standing   in   bowler   hat).   William   Amey   was   the Owner   of   the   Brickworks   and   father   of   Ivor,   Ted   & Jack.   One   other   son,   Pat   (the   youngest),   was   not   in the   photo.   The   other   2   men   are   unknown   employees.   The   Horses   are Nobby & Ginger. Situated   adjacent   to   Doddings   Farm   near   the   place   called   Bedlam,   this photograph   shows   equipment   for   the   making   of   bricks   and   tiles.   The clay   in   that   area   was   suitable   for   brick   manufacture   and   the   works   had its own kiln and railway system for transporting materials at the site.
Photograph Courtesy of John Pitfield L Photograph Courtesy of John Pitfield L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Tony Bates L Photograph courtesy of Tony Bates L Photograph courtesy of Tony Bates L Photograph courtesy of Tony Bates L Photograph courtesy of Tony Bates L Photograph courtesy of Tony Bates L Photograph Courtesy of John Pitfield L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Michael Eastman L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Michael Eastman L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Michael Eastman Photograph courtesy of Mark Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L L Photograph courtesy of Mark Bennett L
Barn being re-thatched At Roke Farm Thatchers   today   command   a   very   good   living   as   their   numbers   have dwindled   since   Victorian   times,   but   construction of   thatched   houses   has   actually   increased   over the     last     few     decades.     Whether     through planning    guidelines    or    simply    that    there    is    a consumer    demand,    the    thatch    vernacular    is here to stay...
Photograph Courtesy of John Pitfield L L Photograph Courtesy of John Pitfield L Photograph Courtesy of John Pitfield L Photograph Courtesy of John Pitfield L Photograph Courtesy of John Pitfield L Photograph courtesy of Sylvia Pitcher L
Chamberlaynes Farm, Bere Regis circa 1882 These   farm   buildings   and   Mill   were   photographed by   J.W.   Boswell   soon   after   they   were   built,   south   of the   village,   on   the   river,   near   the   road   to   Wool. Relatives    of    the    occupants    of    the    farmhouse, centre-left, donated this picture while visiting the village in 1990.
Photograph Courtesy of John Pitfield L
Dodding's Farm, Bere Regis, looking west on 1st July 1932 Artesian   wells,   with   water   level   above   the   surface..   A series   of   about   30   boreholes,   each   about   90   ft.   deep, taps   a   large   underground   reservoir   of   water   in   the   Chalk. The   'head'   of   this   is   sufficient   to   keep   all   the   boreholes flowing   constantly,   thus   yielding   ample   water   to   supply several acres of watercress beds.
L Photograph courtesy of Sylvia Pitcher L
Dodding's Farm, Bere Regis, looking west on 1st July 1932 Artesian   wells,   with   water   level   above   the   surface.. A   series   of   about   30 boreholes,    each    about    90    ft.    deep,    taps    a    large underground   reservoir   of   water   in   the   Chalk.   The 'head'   of   this   is   sufficient   to   keep   all   the   boreholes flowing    constantly,    thus    yielding    ample    water    to supply several acres of watercress beds.
L Photograph courtesy of Raymond Lake L
Coronation decorated Bere Regis & District Bus in 1953 Harry   Oliver,   a   driver   for   Bere   Regis   &   District   for   many years,   this   particular   double   decker   was   on   the   Bere Regis   to   Poole   service. This   photo   was   taken   in   the   car park   of   the   Greyhound   pub   in   Winterborne   Kingston.   It was   decorated   for   the   1953   Coronation   and   was   a   Carnival   entry   for which he won first prize.
L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph courtesy of Paul & Alison Bennett L Photograph © The Watercress Company
Interior of Barn at Milborne Stream, in 1943 This   Photograph   is   Copyright   of   Dorset   County   Museum.   The   Museum is   owned   and   managed   by   the   Dorset   Natural   History   & Archaeological    Society    (DNH&AS).    Reproduction    is strictly    prohibited.    Prints    can    be    ordered    from    the Museum;   quote   ref   P798,   for   this   Photograph.   Contact them  here , or on 01305 756 829
This Photograph is Copyright of Dorset County Museum. L
Barn at Milborne Stream, in 1943 This   Photograph   is   Copyright   of   Dorset   County   Museum.   The   Museum is   owned   and   managed   by   the   Dorset   Natural   History   & Archaeological Society      (DNH&AS).      Reproduction      is      strictly prohibited.   Prints   can   be   ordered   from   the   Museum; quote   ref   P799,   for   this   Photograph.   Contact   them        here , or on 01305 756 829
This Photograph is Copyright of Dorset County Museum. L
Roke Farm in 1968 This   Photograph   is   Copyright   of   Dorset   County   Museum.   The   Museum is   owned   and   managed   by   the   Dorset   Natural   History   & Archaeological Society      (DNH&AS).      Reproduction      is      strictly prohibited.     Prints     can     be     ordered     from     the Museum;    quote    ref    P800,    for    this    Photograph. Contact them  here , or on 01305 756 829
This Photograph is Copyright of Dorset County Museum. L
Roke Farm Barn, on 16/03/1972 This   Photograph   is   Copyright   of   Dorset   County   Museum.   The   Museum is   owned   and   managed   by   the   Dorset   Natural   History   & Archaeological Society     (DNH&AS).     Reproduction     is     strictly prohibited.     Prints     can     be     ordered     from     the Museum;    quote    ref    P805,    for    this    Photograph. Contact them  here , or on 01305 756 829
This Photograph is Copyright of Dorset County Museum. L
Roke Barn, on 16/09/1971 This   Photograph   is   Copyright   of   Dorset   County   Museum.   The   Museum is   owned   and   managed   by   the   Dorset   Natural   History   & Archaeological Society     (DNH&AS).     Reproduction     is     strictly prohibited.     Prints     can     be     ordered     from     the Museum;    quote    ref    P803,    for    this    Photograph. Contact them  here , or on 01305 756 829
This Photograph is Copyright of Dorset County Museum. L
Roke Barn and Shepherds Cottage from the South, on 16/09/1971 This   Photograph   is   Copyright   of   Dorset   County   Museum.   The   Museum is   owned   and   managed   by   the   Dorset   Natural   History   & Archaeological Society     (DNH&AS).     Reproduction     is     strictly prohibited.     Prints     can     be     ordered     from     the Museum;    quote    ref    P804,    for    this    Photograph. Contact them  here , or on 01305 756 829
This Photograph is Copyright of Dorset County Museum. L
Roke Farm Barn from the south, on 16/03/1972 This   Photograph   is   Copyright   of   Dorset   County   Museum.   The   Museum is   owned   and   managed   by   the   Dorset   Natural   History   & Archaeological Society     (DNH&AS).     Reproduction     is     strictly prohibited.     Prints     can     be     ordered     from     the Museum;    quote    ref    P806,    for    this    Photograph. Contact them  here , or on 01305 756 829
This Photograph is Copyright of Dorset County Museum. L
Chamberlaynes Mill in 1882 This   Photograph   is   Copyright   of   Dorset   County   Museum.   The   Museum is   owned   and   managed   by   the   Dorset   Natural   History   & Archaeological Society     (DNH&AS).     Reproduction     is     strictly prohibited.     Prints     can     be     ordered     from     the Museum;   quote   ref   P38149,   for   this   Photograph. Contact them  here , or on 01305 756 829
This Photograph is Copyright of Dorset County Museum. L
Chamberlaynes Mill in 1887 This   Photograph   is   Copyright   of   Dorset   County   Museum.   The   Museum is   owned   and   managed   by   the   Dorset   Natural   History   & Archaeological Society     (DNH&AS).     Reproduction     is     strictly prohibited.     Prints     can     be     ordered     from     the Museum;   quote   ref   P31702,   for   this   Photograph. Contact them  here , or on 01305 756 829
This Photograph is Copyright of Dorset County Museum. L
Shitterton Farmyard in 1989, from the North East This   Photograph   is   Copyright   of   Dorset   County   Museum.   The   Museum is   owned   and   managed   by   the   Dorset   Natural   History   & Archaeological Society     (DNH&AS).     Reproduction     is     strictly prohibited.     Prints     can     be     ordered     from     the Museum;   quote   ref   P42361,   for   this   Photograph. Contact them  here , or on 01305 756 829
This Photograph is Copyright of Dorset County Museum. L
Shitterton Farmyard in 1989, from the North This   Photograph   is   Copyright   of   Dorset   County   Museum.   The   Museum is   owned   and   managed   by   the   Dorset   Natural History    &    Archaeological    Society    (DNH&AS). Reproduction   is   strictly   prohibited.   Prints   can   be ordered   from   the   Museum;   quote   ref   P42362,   for this   Photograph.   Contact   them      here ,   or   on   01305 756 829
This Photograph is Copyright of Dorset County Museum. L
Shitterton Farmyard in 1989, from the North West This   Photograph   is   Copyright   of   Dorset   County   Museum.   The   Museum is   owned   and   managed   by   the   Dorset   Natural   History   & Archaeological Society     (DNH&AS).     Reproduction     is     strictly prohibited.     Prints     can     be     ordered     from     the Museum;   quote   ref   P42363,   for   this   Photograph. Contact them  here , or on 01305 756 829
This Photograph is Copyright of Dorset County Museum. L
Shitterton Farmyard in 1989, from the West This   Photograph   is   Copyright   of   Dorset   County   Museum.   The   Museum is   owned   and   managed   by   the   Dorset   Natural   History   & Archaeological Society     (DNH&AS).     Reproduction     is     strictly prohibited.     Prints     can     be     ordered     from     the Museum;   quote   ref   P42364,   for   this   Photograph. Contact them  here , or on 01305 756 829
This Photograph is Copyright of Dorset County Museum. L
Shitterton Farmyard in 1989, from the South West This   Photograph   is   Copyright   of   Dorset   County   Museum.   The   Museum is   owned   and   managed   by   the   Dorset   Natural   History   & Archaeological Society     (DNH&AS).     Reproduction     is     strictly prohibited.     Prints     can     be     ordered     from     the Museum;   quote   ref   P42366,   for   this   Photograph. Contact them  here , or on 01305 756 829
This Photograph is Copyright of Dorset County Museum. L
Construction of the Watercress Beds in the 1920s This   Photograph   is   Copyright   of   Dorset   County   Museum.   The   Museum is   owned   and   managed   by   the   Dorset   Natural   History   & Archaeological Society     (DNH&AS).     Reproduction     is     strictly prohibited.     Prints     can     be     ordered     from     the Museum;   quote   ref   P46347,   for   this   Photograph. Contact them  here , or on 01305 756 829
This Photograph is Copyright of Dorset County Museum. L
Replanting the Watercress Beds in the 1920s This   Photograph   is   Copyright   of   Dorset   County   Museum.   The   Museum is   owned   and   managed   by   the   Dorset   Natural History    &    Archaeological    Society    (DNH&AS). Reproduction   is   strictly   prohibited.   Prints   can   be ordered   from   the   Museum;   quote   ref   P46348,   for this   Photograph.   Contact   them      here ,   or   on   01305 756 829
This Photograph is Copyright of Dorset County Museum. L
Excavated ground in preparation of a Watercress Bed, in the 1920s This   Photograph   is   Copyright   of   Dorset   County   Museum.   The   Museum is   owned   and   managed   by   the   Dorset   Natural   History   & Archaeological Society     (DNH&AS).     Reproduction     is     strictly prohibited.     Prints     can     be     ordered     from     the Museum;   quote   ref   P46349,   for   this   Photograph. Contact them  here , or on 01305 756 829
This Photograph is Copyright of Dorset County Museum. L Photograph Courtesy of John Pitfield L Photograph courtesy of Lynn Fancy L
Mr Bedford’s workforce in about 1897, photographed at Doddings Farm Left     to     right,     standing:     Albert Bedford,       Enos       Horley,       Mr Stickley,        Jim        Hewitt,        Bill Langdown,     Fred     Hewitt,     Jack Joyce,       Ernest       Day,       Frank Hawkins,    William    Bedford.    Front row:   Harry   Hawkins,   Henry   Davis, Harry     Stickley,     Charlie     Hewitt, Edward   Langdown,   Charles   Cobb,   Ted   Hawkins,   Ian   Standfield,   W. Standfield, Sam Hewitt, Esau Baker, George Hawkins, Jack Rowland.
Photograph Courtesy of John Pitfield L