Village Street Scenes

Click a Photograph for

more info & to enlarge it

Courtesy of John Pitfield

The Cross about 1896

 

Courtesy of John Pitfield

West Street in 1904

 

Courtesy of John Pitfield

Shitterton, about 1900

 

Courtesy of Alex Roth & Sarah Rawles Online Parish Clerks for Bere Regis - www.dorset-opc.com/bereregis

West Steet, c1925-1927

 

a

West Street 1930's

 

a

West Street, 1940's

 

a

West Street

 

a

Southbrook Bridge

 

a

Cross Corner Shop

 

Courtesy of the Hermann Lea Estate

The Cross, 1880

 

Courtesy of Tony Bates

The Cross, 1982

 

 

Courtesy of Tony Bates

West Street, 1980

 

 

a

West Street, c1900

 

a

Shitterton Farmhouse

 

a

A Quiet Cross

 

a

Court Green

 

a

Low West Street

 

a

After the whirlwind

 

West Street

 

a

West Street

 

a

West Street

 

a

West Street

 

The Cross

 

 

The Manor House

 

White Lovington House, 1970

 

Cob & thatch Barn, 1955

 

West Street

 

a

North Street

 

a

Central Stores Ladies

 

Courtesy of John Pitfield

Southbrook Bridge, 1912

 

West Street circa 1901

 

Blind Street

 

106 Woodbury Hill

 

Snow blizzard on Blind Street, 1978

 

Farmhouse on Woodbury Hill

 

Village Shop decorated for George V Silver Jubilee in 1935

 

Looking west along West Street in the 1950's, with a Garage to the left

 

83 West Street

 

Opening Day of Esso Garage

 

West Street, Bere Regis, in the 1940s

 

The Manor House

Courtesy of John Pitfield

West Street about 1920

 

Courtesy of John Pitfield

Butt Lane in the 1890's

 

Courtesy of John Pitfield

West Street, 1910

 

Courtesy of John Pitfield

Bottom of Butt Lane, 1917

 

Courtesy of John Pitfield

Esso Station 1980's

 

Courtesy of Alex Roth & Sarah Rawles Online Parish Clerks for Bere Regis - www.dorset-opc.com/bereregis

West Street lamp

 

a

Southbrook scene

 

a

House on West Street

 

Courtesy of Tony Bates

North Street, 1900

 

Courtesy of Tony Bates

Hatton Stores, 1900

 

a

Local Hunt, 1927

 

a

Shitterton, c1900

 

 

a

From the East

 

a

Shitterton Farmhouse family

 

a

West Street

 

a

Village shop in 1935

 

a

The Cross

 

a

The Drax Arms

 

a

West Street

 

a

West Street

 

a

West Street

 

a

West Street

 

a

West Street

 

The Old Vicarage c1900

 

Old Barn in West Street, 1956

 

2 Southbrook Cottages, 1955

 

The Old Vicarage

 

West Street, 1912

 

a

Rye Hill

 

 

 

Southbrook Bridge

 

The Royal Oak in the 1920s

 

The Cross

 

107 Woodbury Hill

 

Farmhouse on Woodbury Hill

 

The Village Stores & The Post Office in 1986

 

Looking west along West Street in the 1950's

 

Honeycombe Cottage in 1945

 

Cows on West Street

 

Horsing around

 

West Street, in Bere Regis

 

Courtesy of John Pitfield

Post Office in 1875

 

Courtesy of John Pitfield

The Cross in 1927

 

Courtesy of John Pitfield

Hatton Stores in the 1920's

 

Courtesy of John Pitfield

North Street

 

Courtesy of John Pitfield

Royal Oak about 1927

 

Courtesy of John Pitfield

Entrance to Shitterton

 

a

West Street view

 

a

Southbrook Bridge

 

a

North Street

 

a

North Street looking north

 

Courtesy of Tony Bates

North Street, 1980

 

 

Courtesy of Tony Bates

West Street, 1900

 

a

From the South

 

a

More of the family

 

a

Shitterton, c1930

 

a

Cottage in Shitterton

 

a

West Street in the 1950's

 

a

Southmead Bridge

 

a

Architectural Style

 

a

West Street

 

a

West Street

 

a

West Street

 

a

West Street

 

 

West Street

 

White Lovington Cott., 1955

 

Cattle in Shitterton, 1918

 

a

Bottom of West Street

 

Courtesy of Tony Bates

North Street, 1982

 

Courtesy of John Pitfield

Esso Station, Nov 1988

 

a

Shop Detail

 

The Laurels, West Street in 1970

 

Butt Lane, 1981

 

The Royal Oak

 

Farmhouses on Woodbury Hill

 

Farmhouse on Woodbury Hill

 

17 Shitterton

 

Honeycombe Cottage in 1945

 

The Drax Arms in the 1970s

 

Opening Day of Esso Garage

 

The Cross, in 1885, taken from the Gamebook of Mr Charles Harvey Coombs

 

Royal Oak 'Hotel' around 1927

 

© Bere Regis Village Website 2016 - Site by Chola Design